and they're off...

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 04:27:02 EDT 2009

Sounds like Thailand is as bad.  They introduced pedestrian
light-controlled crossings, and the number of pedestrian deaths
increased rapidly.  Pedestrians thought that the green light for them
meant they had the right of way, but for the drivers these weren't
real traffic lights because there was zero chance of them having a
crash with another car.

In Bangkok you MUST look in both directions before you cross a one-way
street.  And don't ever take a motorbike taxi - that was the most
frightening 5 minutes of my life.

Bernard