Another Knotty Question

Dale Pond dalesvp at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 28 13:35:37 EST 2009

Another one of those strange issues.

I created a script in a fld that activates by typing do fld
"Testscript" in the message box.
Works great! Everything works as planned.

The script goes to a second stack and brings back field data to be
processed in the first stack.

The error occurs when I copy and paste the fully functioning script
from the fld "Testscript" into a button script. When activating the
button it returns an error:
Chunk: no such object

OK. So I put do fld "Testscript" into the button... --just like in
the MB
same error!!!!

It seems to me this failure to execute must have something to do with
the message paths. The Message Box can execute the script but a
button cannot? must be in what information is available to the MB but
not the button?
Does any of this make any sense?
Just to catch some observations before they happen the second stack
was previously opened by another script that puts it into the
stackFiles of the first stack and the second stack stays open all the
while data is being fetched from it.

Dale