Linux and RevBrowser

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 03:40:57 EST 2009

Yes, that is correct, it does not work.  The relevant section of the user
guide is explicit about it. On Wine, Rev would not install under Wine the
last time I tried, but it was a while ago.

The two other things that don't work, or don't work properly, on Linux are
that on both Gnome and KDE you can't use multiple desktops properly.
Apparently this does work on OSX.  It also works fine on Fluxbox and if I
recall correctly on WindowMaker.  Its especially puzzling that some WMs
should be fine, but others not.

And I've never been able to get revPrintField to work properly on Linux.
Whatever your settings, it always prints exactly the same thing.  Someone on
the list confirmed this, and its a filed bug. Have to work around it by
going out to the shell.

Peter