SQL varieties

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Jan 21 19:55:54 EST 2009

Hi Sarah,

I can't say much about the difference between PostGreSQL and MySQL. I
have been using MySQL 4 and 5 and have been particularly happy with
release 5. I just can't think of a reason to switch to PostGreSQL. I
have also noticed that most, if not all, web providers provide MySQL,
but not all of them provide PostGreSQL. If you want to stick with a
particular SQL flavour or need compatibility in case you want to go on-
line with a project some time in the future, I'd choose MySQL.

Regarding the pronunciation, try this: <http://www.postgresql.org/files/postgresql.mp3

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

We are always looking for new projects! Feel free to contact us to
discuss your custom software project!