externals

Jiro Harada jiro at ronri-kobo.com
Mon Jan 19 01:53:34 EST 2009

Randall,

> What of rev's own file IO functions and commands?  Wht about
> listing directories at a path or spidering down file trees?

Java offers the functionalities more than Rev. For more information,
see the following web page:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/index.html
(Click "java.io" in the upper-left frame and then click "File" in the
lower-left frame.)

> Do they do the right and same thing on every platform?

I have never encountered problems about File IO on Windows and Mac OS.

> My other question is deeper and has to do with listening in to OS
> level system wide file IO events.

What dose "OS level system wide file IO event" mean concretely?

Jiro Harada