how to compare file chars with bytes?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Jan 17 14:57:22 EST 2009

Hi Tiemo,

The number of chars of a text file and the number of bytes of that
file are equal, if you read the file as binary data. Are you sure that
you have the file size correct? What numbers do you get? You might
want to post the relevant part of your script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

We are always looking for new projects! Feel free to contact us to
discuss your custom software project!