Using Rev over X11

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jan 13 12:22:24 EST 2009

I'm currently trying to run a Rev app on Debian Linux, over SSH from my Mac
10.5, using X11.

It sorta-kinda-works, but it's exceptionally poor: the window is basically
white, with elements redrawing only as necessary in small areas.  Resizing the
window doesn't help.  Menus appear only when you mouse over; buttons appear
only when the s/w changes an aspect of their appearance; when data is written
to a field, that line appears, and a fragment of border on side of the field,
and of the scrollbar on the other.  When an alert box appears only the "OK"
button is visible, not the message.  And so on....

Any tips to improving the experience of using Rev over X11?

TIA,

Ben