URL "binfile..." command seems to corrupt my mp3 files (re-creatable)

Jim Schaubeck jimschaubeck at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 23:24:38 EST 2009

I have an interesting situation.  The following simple script maintains mp3 file integrity (I can play it from both old and new folders)

put URL "binfile:C:/Documents and Settings/Jim Schaubeck/Desktop/test1/testing.mp3" into URL "binfile:C:/Documents and Settings/Jim Schaubeck/Desktop/test2/testing.mp3" -- plays fine but I can not control filename.mp3

However, the following script will copy the file but I can not play the newly created mp3 in folder test2 (the mp3 file gets corrupted)

put "testing.mp3" into tempvar
put URL "binfile:C:/Documents and Settings/Jim Schaubeck/Desktop/test1/" & tempvar into URL "binfile:C:/Documents and Settings/Jim Schaubeck/Desktop/test2/testing.mp3"

This script moves the file but the mp3 file gets corrupted.
What am I missing?  My end game is to have flexibility in changing mp3 file names and locations. The 'URL' keyword or 'rename' command both look like they can do what I want (almost)

Jim...