Meet at MacWorld at David Simpson's Booth - 6 PM Tuesday?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Jan 9 20:19:13 EST 2009

Hi all,

> On Jan 8, 2009, at 8:21 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
> > Congrats Lynn on the release of Shade here in the states :-)
>
> Is there a URL for this product?

Absolutely: http://www.mirye.net/index.php/shade-3d

We had to rush a bit on the website update to get Shade 9 up before
MacWorld. Shade was previously published in the US by E Frontier America and
Smith Micro. We have publishing rights to Shade everywhere outside of Japan
and are localizing Shade 10 into English (Shade 9 buyers will get a free
upgrade to Shade 10). Im looking into German and Italian versions as well.

You can download both the Windows and Mac trial version from
http://www.shadetrial.com.

Shade is a professional 3D tool that does it all: modeling, animating,
rendering. It uses bezier curves for building models, making it ideal for
creating smooth surface models, from characters to architecture. Our promo
gallery is not yet finished, but Ill post links after its up.

You can get a good feel for what you can accomplish by watching the Shade 9
promo movie here:
http://www.shadetrial.com/downloads/folder/2-shade-9-movies

There are a few features I think that will appeal to Rev users -

-With Rev's Quicktime support, you may be interested in the fact that you
can not only output your animations to QuickTime (it also as a template size
optimized for iPhone), but you can also generate QTVRs, including the cubic
kind.

-You can render into layers

-You can embed 3D sound into your movies, but you can also strip it out
easily so you can play audio back independently from the video (ie attach a
motor sound to a car, get some groovy stereo audio out as your car peels off
into the sunset)

-RoomPlanner makes it easy to set up an interior set for multimedia
backgrounds

-Its also available for both Mac and Windows

It is a big download, but I encourage you to give it a try. Im very involved
with planning for "post Shade 10.5"s so your feature feedback is quite
welcome.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing