OFF LIST Re: IWBs, peer pressure, and the inexorable march of technology.

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 12:25:06 EST 2009

Hi Richard,

I've not used the promethean brand, but we have the Smartboard brand
installed in classroom I usually teach in (which by the way is
Augustana College in Rock Island IL, so I enjoyed your comments about
SIU....). I teach in the education department.

I've used my Rev projects with the smartboard, but not the
proprietary software. To click and drag, you just touch the object
and drag it with your finger.... works great. So, with your Location
program, for example, drag the buildings into place would work well.
A finger touch is a click, a sliding of your finger is a drag.

We have one school district in the area that uses the promethean
brand and our elementary student teachers have found it easy to use.

take care,
randy hengst
-----