OT - Sound input for a MacPro

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Jan 7 12:13:38 EST 2009

Webcam mics suck for narration. Too far away from the speaker and too much
room tone.
A big omission by many podcasters and users of web video (and video
broadcasters for that matter) is care for SOUND. A lot of people think it's
not important. Video guys are happy if the meter is moving. Use a headset
mic for everything. They often sound better than 'professional' mics for
computer audio.
As far as price of Macs is concerned, I don't have a problem with it. One
gets what one pays for.

sqb

2009/1/7 Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net>

> I wish, Jim. But most still think Macs are too expensive. (smile) I'm
> picking up a headset shortly. Thanks.
>
> Joe Wilkins
>
> On Jan 7, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Jim Kanter wrote:
>
>  A Logitech USB headset should work well for Skype. Reasonably
>> inexpensive. If your Chinese friend is also on Mac you should consider
>> using iChat.

Stephen Barncard