Cross-tab report: from list

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Mon Jan 5 11:49:30 EST 2009

Hi Alex,
I can't believe the speed that this translates a vertical list to a
cross-tab format.
This is incredible!

Thanx for the script Alex. I'll do some more testing on missing months and
gaps in the years and get back to you.

Regards,
Mark Stuart

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How do I manipulate the following data list into a spreadsheet (cross-tab
> report) format?
>
> I'm assuming arrays are in the works for this to build the spreadsheet
> data
> set,
> but since I haven't worked with them, I'm not sure about that.

There is probably a faster way, or a more succinct way, using more
complex arrays - but since you said you hadn't worked with arrays much,
I kept the array use very simple.  Only tricky thing (I think) is the
use of combine to convert the years array into a simple list (using the
array eliminated duplicates easily).