Losing data when quitting

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 08:27:18 EST 2009

On Jan 2, 2009, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> ...<snip>...
> On the other hand, I wish there were some way to get Rev to *stop*
> asking me to save. I have some utility stacks with text display
> fields,
> but the text is temporary and I never want it saved. But every time I
> close the stack, Rev bugs me about saving changes. I now only open
> those
> stacks in the MetaCard IDE, where it leaves me alone.

Wouldn't setting the cantmodify of the stack to true do it for you? A
bit of a pain if you are still tweaking the thing, since you can't
edit scripts or adjust controls without setting the cantmodify back to
false, but for a utility that is tried and true and is just being used
a a tool, this works for me.

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com