Losing data when quitting

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jan 2 20:44:16 EST 2009

Paul Looney wrote:

> There may be other recipes as well, but the stack saving problem seems
> to be related to the lack of a closeField - which is not sent if the
> focus is still in the edited field when the stack is closed.

This is a really old bug, I remember working around it years ago. I've
gotten so used to tabbing out of fields before I close a stack that I
hardly ever see the problem any more. But that isn't a good solution for
everyone.

On the other hand, I wish there were some way to get Rev to *stop*
asking me to save. I have some utility stacks with text display fields,
but the text is temporary and I never want it saved. But every time I
close the stack, Rev bugs me about saving changes. I now only open those
stacks in the MetaCard IDE, where it leaves me alone.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com