In search of a programmable pen tool

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 28 02:33:09 EST 2009

> Message: 20
> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:47:52 +0000
> From: Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net>
> Subject: Re: In search of a programmable pen tool
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> James Hurley wrote:
>> I came across a web site a while back that allowed the user to drag a
>> paint tool over the screen and the painted line was mirrored across
>> several sectors of a circle creating a kaleidoscopic effect. Dazzling
>> I thought.
>>
>> I don't see any way to approximate this in Run Rev. What would be
>> nice
>> is a pen tool which is a first class programmable Run Rev object with
>> a mouseMove handler.  Not likely any time soon.
>>
>> I can't even come close, as you can see in the stack "Paint
>> Kaleidoscope" I just put up on my user space under Jim Hurley.
>>
>> If anybody has an answer to the question posed there (Why is this
>> painted line so bad?) I would appreciate it.
> Jim, I don't see any painted line at all (Rev Studio 3.0, Win Vista)
>
> -- Alex

Alex,

I'm not surprised. Run Rev is a little shaky where it comes to the
pen. It works on the Mac but is fragile.

But you can see what I was trying to do by painting with the pen by
what can be done drawing with graphic lines--see Kaleidoscope in
following message. Or just:

go url "http://www.jamesphurley.com/Kaleidoscope.rev"

Jim Hurley