Menu problem

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Feb 25 06:26:56 EST 2009

Hello,

Has anyone ever experience the following problem? I have a menubar, in
which I need to enable and disable menus. For this, I use a simple
repeat loop.

  put "Text Editor" into myStack
  repeat for each item myMenu in "File,Edit,Text"
    enable menu myMenu of stack myStack
  end repeat

Once in a while, particularly in the IDE, I get an error when this
script runs:

Type: Chunk (no such object)
Object name: script
Line:(row 821 col 11)
Hint: Text

(The object name is script because of a Rev bug that occurs in try
control structures, you can ignore this).

Suppose that the error occurs at item "Text". This means that the
following syntax was executed at the moment of the error:

   enable menu "Text" of stack "Text Editor"

If I execute this line from the messag box while the script editor is
still in edit mode, it runs fine.

The question is whether anyone saw something similar and whether this
may be another Revolution bug. I'm not looking for a solution.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com