Embarrassed Newbie

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 09:20:22 EST 2009

In a message dated 2/24/09 7:18:17 AM, SparkOutYNY at gmail.com writes:

Noted. I will write the "missing" command, add it to my tools in use and call
it as required:

placeGroup theGroup,cardDescriptor/this/all/marked ("/" since the char "|"
displays badly)

I suppose it is my first realization that rev is not just a superset of HC,
but is its own entity. Nostalgia factor, you see. Whether the idea of groups,
however they may be configured to act just like a "real' bg, is a fundamental
improvement, truly obviating the need for a bg at all, is academic; it is so,
and so it is.

The nice thing about a HC-like bg is that all cards already have it. To my
mind it offers an open playing field that can be accessed during development as
required, whenever new or existing objects seem to fit in that space better.
The group concept itself, requiring that they must be placed like any other
object, ad hoc, ran up against the very small wall that I originally wrote about.
This is fine as far as it goes, and the fix, naturally derived from the
rev/HC common clay, is straightforward. The fact that a stack can have multiple
"bgs" is likely a powerful feature.

Craig Newman