Changing the screenRect within a stack

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 23 16:50:08 EST 2009

Hi from Paris,

Thanks to all for your philosophical suggestions
(but no practical solutions). And I was right ! Rev
doesn't appear have the means to do all this !
I had (of course), thought about the raping of the
users computer, but I already have programs that do
this, but as long as they return to normal behaviour
afterwards, I don't worry about a program which
changes my screenrect. My monitors can handle more than
10 screenrects, and I change whenever I need to do so !

I had thought of ALL of the mechanisms which could help
me (scrolling bars, reduction of all fields and buttons,
depending on the available screenRect, but quite honestly,
I don't have 6 months to dynamically modify windows, fields
buttons, textsizes, etc, etc.for a stack that took me a day
to write. And I think it ridiculous to write a stack which
will run on any monitor when 17" and 19" are the common use,
and screenRect was designed JUST FOR THAT PURPOSE !

I just want to change the screenRect, based upon what sizes
are available in the host computers. And I will !

Of course, I will ask the user if he agrees ......
He can always say no....... !

So I reckon, I will have to find out how to do it myself.

-Francis

"nothing should ever be done for the first time !"