Changing the screenRect within a stack

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Feb 22 18:48:43 EST 2009

Dear Francis,

Please, stay away from my screen. it is MY screen and NOT yours. You
simply have no right to change the system settings of my or anyone
else's computer. Of course, this message isn't only meant for you, but
for anyone who thinks of changing someone else's screen rect. Please,
don't do it.

Instead, you should detect the screensize and resize your stack window
and the objects in it to accommodate the screensize. Never do the
oppositem don't change the screen rect.

You should also take into account the possibility that the user
changes the screen resolution while your application is running. For
this, you can catch the desktopChanged message and adjust the window
and object sizes again (and indeed, you need to check the
windowBoundingRect and (working) screenRect(s) too).

Now, if you're really still not convinced, I can tell you there are a
few command line utilities, but they need to be updated every now and
then, because they can't cope with the many different screens and
screen resolutions available these days. I believe it is possible to
use the terminal or applescript on Mac OS X, but I haven't seen a good
working solution.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille