Arrays and Custom Props

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 16 13:28:57 EST 2009

Hi Mark.

Thanks. I do understand that properties are persistent so long as a
standalone is running. I understand that Revolution standalones will
not save the state of properties when you quit them. I was saying that
Applescript standalones CAN and DO save the state of properties when
they quit, so that when you start up again they have the values you
set them to before you quit. The only time you lose them is when you
recompile the standalone (of course).

I was just thinking in some future rendition of Revolution, maybe they
could pull that off, by saving the states of the properties internally
to the package itself. Barring that, maybe having a seperate "runtime
engine" similar to what Foxpro used to use, which did not allow
development, but only allowed execution of stacks would be possible.

BTW I tested the theory that an app cannot be modified while running.
This is not true. I opened TextEdit and while it was running I opened
the package contents and edited a plist file using PlistEditPro. I
changed one of the values and saved the plist successfully. Wouldn't
an internal property plist file do nicely for just this sort of thing?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM