Lists to arrays and back again

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at calvarychapel.com
Sat Feb 7 18:01:42 EST 2009

I apparently do not understand arrays at all. I have a 2 row list,
called myVar. Each line contains "1,2,3" and "4,5,6" respectively. I
want to use the split command to make an array so that myVar[1,1] = 1
and myvar[2,1] =4. split ALWAYS seems to think that the first item it
encounters in each line is the key I want to use to reference it,  and
everything after that are the elements of the array. I JUST want to
convert a list to an array an reference the elements by row and column.

Eventually I want to delete whole columns of the array and recombine
the array back to a list. If I have to use repeat loops to populate
the array, why then that's like paying for a glass of orange juice
with a bottle of orange juice.

Any ideas?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager