Big issue with Rev

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Feb 3 11:51:47 EST 2009

Craig-

Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 6:14:55 AM, you wrote:

Glad changing the names did the trick.

> I have not put any scripts "into back". Or front. I only start using the
> utility stack, so I guess that makes it a library. My Rev world is not very big; I
> have only four stacks.

> But before I become more conversant with these, why would they conflict? Can
> you not send messages all over the hierarchy at will? And what is writing that
> cryptic message to a field, the same each session?

If you haven't put the script into the front and you aren't passing
the openCard message in your card handler, then there's no conflict.
And you're right that "start using" the utility stack does use it as a
library. For most purposes that's the same as using it as a
backscript, although there are subtle differences. Richard Gaskin has
the canonical article on the message path here:

http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html

...and I don't have a clue about the cryptic message. The home stack
is locked, since that's where the family jewels are, so its contents
will remain a mystery.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net