When should cmd-period work?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Feb 2 20:20:21 EST 2009

Devin Asay wrote:

> This has happened to me several times in Rev 3.0, but I've never been
> able to pin it down to a recipe. It's almost like what happens when a
> running script throws an error and kicks you into debug mode, and you
> try to do things with the interface, but nothing works.
> It's very frustrating; maybe if we compare notes we can come up with a
> reliable recipe for reproducing it.

Easy peasy. Be prepared to force-quit, and don't have any other real
work open when you try this. Make a stack with 2 fields, and name them
"fldOne" and "fldTwo". Put this into the card script:

on closeField
    formatFld the short name of the target
end closeField

on formatFld pFldName
    set the numberformat to "0.0#####"
    get fld pFldName
    put (it + 0) into fld pFldName
    update -- here's where you say goodbye for the session
end formatFld

on update
    formatFld "fldOne"
    formatFld "fldTwo"
    -- other code here, but you never get past the first line
end update

Then enter a number into the first field and hit the tab key or click
out of it.

I checked using Expose for error dialogs, etc. Nada. See if you can
Cmd-period out of it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com