Subject: Drawing a curved shape - 2nd attempt

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Feb 2 00:51:14 EST 2009

Oh yes, here come the attack dogs.    Richard, everyone  is welcome to their openion.  Andrew has a deep and distinguished career in post script and xtalk and large scale software projects.  Stop with the (very predictable) defensive attack everytime anyone cares enough about xtalk to offer a wish list or a considdered and deeply experienced openion.  Why would somone want a curves in rev or some other xtalk IDE they work in?  Why wouldnt they???  Going out to another media editor and bringing caned constructions into xtalk will never give you the kind of live user interaction (under dynamic code control in real time) that you would have if it was a native function.  So if you really want to protect the image of rev do so as a big person who is big enough to accept criticism... Maybe even freely and openly invite it!  Rev is certainly good enough to live within an active and critical market and user community.  Your attacks are pompus and hurtful and have a tendancy to quiet anyone who might not be so bold and self assured as andrew.  And there is no reason.  You are a smart man richard.  Use it to break down the walls.  Lets bring everyone and all their opinions along on this wonderful journey.  There is room for change... Especially when it is 20 years past due.

randall