Context menu for Header of DataGrid

Mark Stuart mfstuart at cox.net
Wed Dec 30 20:24:31 EST 2009

Written by Trevor DeVore on Mon Dec 28, 2009 - 10:51 AM CST

I just added two new lessons to the manual that show how to do

determine if the user clicks in the header and how to display a

contextual menu for a column header. You would just build off of the

example and show a different contextual menu based on what the user

clicked on.

How Do I Determine If a User Clicks In The Table Header

How Do I Display a Contextual Menu When the User Clicks on a Column

Trevor DeVore

<<

Hi Trevor,

I followed your lessons with success. But now the mouseDown handler
overrides any normal behavior of the DataGrid.

That is, resizing of columns no longer works. Clicking on a column header no
longer sorts a column.

So it seems a "else - end if" section of script is needed to detect left
mouse button, to complete normal behavior actions.

Could you please amend the lesson to correct the missing behaviors?

Thanx,

Mark Stuart