Plus sign in menu

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Dec 22 14:05:30 EST 2009

Hello all,

In lots of Mac apps, and probably some Windows apps, the way to
increase and decrease font size in a document is with Cmd + and Cmd -
(plus and minus signs). Both Safari and Mail work this way, for
example. The menu shortcuts have a minus and plus sign in them. But
you don't have to do Cmd-Shift for the increase size shortcut to work.

I'm building an app in which I want to use this same approach, but if
I set the shortcut key to Cmd and plus sign, the plus sign shows up in
the menu alright, but I have to use Cmd-Shift-plus key to activate it.
If I change the shortcut to Cmd and equal sign, the shortcut works the
way I want, but the equal sign appears in the menu, not the plus sign.
Anyone know how to trick the Rev menu routines so that a Cmd-equal
appears as a Cmd-plus in the menu?

Regards, and Happy Christmas to all.

Devin

Devin Asay