Passing parameters from Rev to Applescript

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 18:01:16 EST 2009

Hmmm, I thought this was straightforward but I can't seem to get this to
work.

I want to pass a value from Rev to an applescript. Here is a simplified
version of what I'm trying to do:

on mouseup
     Put "Pictures" into tWindowName
     do field 1 as Applescript
end mouseup

Field 1 contains the following:

Set theWindow to tWindowName
Tell application "Finder"
     get bounds of window theWindow
end tell

This results in an applescript execution error. If I substitute "Pictures"
for tWindowName, it works properly. But rather than hard-coding the window
name into the applescript I want to pass it as a parameter.

How can I take a Rev variable and pass it into an applscript?

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein