PasteKey Bug?

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 11:35:53 EST 2009

I'm having trouble with the pasteKey message not being caught (I
understand that it does not function in the IDE without suspending the
development tools).

I tried this twice - make 2 identical stacks, each with a field. In the
field script I put:

on pasteKey
   answer "No pasting allowed"
end pasteKey

Then take one of the stacks and install a menubar with the default
settings. Script the cut - copy - paste commands with cut, copy & paste
respectively. Then suspend development tools, copy some text from
somewhere and try to paste into the 2 stacks. The stack without the
menubar catches the pasteKey message, but the stack with the menubar
does not and the text is pasted.

Is this a bug, or am I not understanding something? (This has been
driving me crazy for a while)

Marty