A Rev Web Project and On-Rev working together?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Dec 16 16:06:00 EST 2009

Hi All!

I have a little rev project that I will eventually turn into  a
webRevProject. I would like to have this little webRevProject project
store a line of text into an on-rev text file. I'm not quite getting
it right...

Here are the three parts that I have:

1. Rev Projects  Script

put theSentence & "  -created in " & totalTime & " seconds" into
theSentence
    set the clipboardData["text"] to theSentence
    put "sentence" & "=" & urlEncode(theSentence) into tMyPostData
    post tMyPostData to URL "http://jpatten.on-rev.com/xmas/saveSentence.irev
"

2. SaveSentence.irev

<?rev
put $_POST["sentence"] & return after URL: "file:sentence.txt"
?>

3. sentence.txt  (a blank text file waiting to be written to)

Is there something I missed?

Thank you!

John Patten