revlets, browsers, OSs and image formats

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 11:35:56 EST 2009

[the "template" seems a bit darker:]
[The white point looks different.]

Note about the RGB values in Rev images

Do the following:
go to a Rev card with an image
choose pointer tool
right click on the image and do 'launch editor'
--in my case it is Photoshop
then inspect the exact RGB of each pixel

You will find each of these has a small offset such that the image in
Rev is slightly darker.

This is a bummer when trying to edit images that overlay or surround
in Rev.

I did not resolve how to compensate for this when I was working with
an image project 2 years ago.
Hope this helps.

On Dec 10, 2009, at 8:11 AM, stephen barncard wrote:

> I am not sure how this matters to color if the color reference
> swatch on the
> web page is one graphic saved as ?? png? and not the individual file
> types.
> -------------------------
> Stephen Barncard
> San Francisco