[ANN] Momentum Scrolling 0.1

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 8 06:35:23 EST 2009

Hello List:

As a result of some touch screen experiments (and because it's a personal
interest) I'm posting a first step toward a Rev "gesture library" of sorts
-- a demo of a momentum scrolling effect similar to that found on Apple's
iPhone and other touch screen devices. The stack demonstrates a method to
drag-scroll a grouped control, have the scrolling gradually decelerate, and
"bounce-back" when scrolling exceeds the set margins of the control.

The demo stack requires Rev 3.5 or later.  Execute the following in your Rev
message box:
go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/MomentumScroll_01.rev"

Use of the code is explained on the last card in the stack.  The library
still has a ways to go -- again, it's a first step -- but I thought folks
might be interested in taking a look at early development.  I'm hoping this
can be of use when Rev runs on touch screen devices in the future.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design