[ANN] Data Tree 1.0
steve at theworcestersource.com
Sat Dec 5 20:35:04 EST 2009
Further to my posts every now and then about beta versions, it's with great pleasure that I'm announcing the completion of my first commercial library for RunRev: Data Tree 1.0.
After being a bit frustrated with the lack of a native tree view control in Rev, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and write one. Given the potential complexities of such a control, my goal was to create something that was as easy to develop with as possible and delivers platform perfect results.
With Data Tree, you can:
• deploy a tree control that will completely adapt its appearance to match the host operating system (Mac and Windows currently supported)
• use a set of commands to create nodes, move them about, change their properties and much more
• work with huge numbers of nodes behind the scenes and display up to 1,200 nodes instantly
• easily create trees with multiple parent/child levels, without requiring complicated XML
• apply icons and set other appearance and behaviour properties
• insert a tree control into the tabbing order of the card
• receive various mouse and keyboard events
• add your own properties to nodes, allowing you to store your own data within the node itself
• for more advanced developers, access the underlying array and build large trees in milliseconds
You can download a trial licence of Data Tree from the Downloads page of my website, http://www.theworcestersource.com . The trial licence is fully functional but will periodically display a nag window.
A nag-free licence that can be used in your own projects can be purchased for £30.
All downloads come with a supporting developer manual. More developer information, to be hosted on my site, is currently being worked on.
I sincerely hope that anybody who tries my library enjoys developing with it.
More information about the Use-livecode