Caching problem with revlets

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 16:30:57 EST 2009

Richard

if:

a you are using apache
b mod_expires is installed
c you can use .htaccess files

Then you should be able to use expires directives in an .htaccess file
to inhibit cacheing based on media type (extension).

<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_expires.html>

I don't know if that will work, I haven't tried it, but I think it has
more chance than cache control meta tags, which are known to be
ineffective IIRC. It's the way I would try and do it anyway.

Also, possibly helpful article on cacheing generally:

<http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

Martin Baxter

--
In the absence of a definition, anything makes sense.
Jeff Ello