[ANN] tRev's Raptor feature now available!

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Sun Aug 30 20:44:09 EDT 2009

tRev watchers, admirers, and users...

We have just released tRev's latest feature: Raptor. If you haven't
heard about Raptor, there's a short (3 minutes), easy-to-watch (not
fuzzy) video of it working on our site. Click this link here to watch
it in action.

http://reveditor.com/raptor

Raptor lets you create a your own property editor within the tRev
script editor. Any properties you wish. A bunch of us noticed that for
any specific object, we really only repeatedly set a half dozen
properties, but it was impossible to predict which six those would be.
And having to visit three different panes of the Revolution property
inspector in order to this is...well...a pain!

Enter Raptor...he uses tRev's auto-complete feature to create a basic
set of properties for an object with very few keystrokes. These little
customized prop editors appear as formatted block comments. Like so:

/* basic.properties
 > set the name of me to "mac switcher"
 > set the label of me to [empty]
 > set the tooltip of me to "Edit (pointer) tool - select and..."
 > set the style of me to "transparent"
 > set the visible of me to true
 > set the opaque of me to false
 > set the showname of me to false
 > set the autohilite of me to false
 > set the showfocusborder of me to false
 > set the sharedhilite of me to false
 > set the traversalon of me to false
 > set the default of me to false
 > set the disabled of me to false
 > set the behavior of me to [empty]
 > made with tRev http://reveditor.com
basic.properties */

Those values at the end of each line appear as links in tRev. We
already use links to navigate from a handler call to its handler. Now
Raptor uses links to set properties. If the property value is a true,
then clicking it will set it to false. If it's text, you'll get a
spiffy embedded dialog that lets you edit the text value.

If you are a tRev owner, use your Check for Updates menu item beneath
the Help menu, and you'll see you have a component update. That'll be
Raptor. Or you might have noticed the Update Available link in the
lower left corner of your editor.

NOTE: You will need to quit and restart after updating as the tRev
message broker has been modified.

Best,

Jerry Daniels

Watch tRev's Raptor Movie