[OT] Re: [ANN] tRev's new 'decoder' now showing...video is up!

Jerry Daniels jerry.daniels at me.com
Tue Aug 25 21:07:40 EDT 2009

Brian,

Have you ever noticed the dots in Rev's debugger? How, if your script
has very many lines at all, the dots can't keep pace with scrolling,
returns, etc.? I have. Not pretty, to say the least. So, no images
floating around for me, thank you.

Also, keeping a separate array of breakpoints and keeping them in sync
with the actual code is not easy in a world where tRev is not the only
script editor. I used to have lots of these sorts of "proprietary"
approaches. It always came back to bite me in the behind when people
traded code with others or used more than one editor.

So, a couple years ago, i decided to use text to indicate a
breakpoint. Easy to see, easy to delete, follows the code wherever it
goes, never gets out of sync. It's all good. Now that we've added
record id's as comments following the word "breakpoint", we can attach
loads of data to a breakpoint.

I'm warming up to the idea, too! I think everyone needs to buy the
product now!!

Best,

Jerry Daniels
Watch tRev - The Movie