Vote to disable password protection for revMedia 4 stacks

Robert Maniquant rman at free.fr
Tue Aug 25 16:30:02 EDT 2009

Thanks for sharing these arguments, William. I find them fully convincing in
favor of a fully free unrestricted revMedia. These thoughts are also
important for all developers to decide how best to distribute their apps.

I pointed out I felt it would be good for the language to :

1) develop the sharing habit of utilities, eductionalWare, libraries.

Maybe runrev can think of some innovative incentive to do so.
The issue raised in that thread has some relations with that question since,
obviously, disallowing password protection for the first entry level was a
way to enforce sharing. It may not be the best way, and I hope better ways
will be tried.

2) provide solutions to better monitor the runrev user base.

I might be a good idea to set up a kind of revWeb search engine that will
gather all pages using the plugin.
It is peculiar to runrev to communicate very few information on the user
base. And there are very few examples of commercial softwares using runrev
on the home site. Such a search engine might help lift up interrogations by
potential users.

Robert