Syllabic division of words

Randall Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Sun Aug 23 15:14:29 EDT 2009

Like it or not, we have perfectly mapped and mimicked smaller animal's brains (up to fairly complex amphibians).  Even removed the brains and hooked up the simulations to the nerve columns, and guess what?  What amazes me is the fear we have that makes us want so desperately to reject observation when it contradicts the self centered myths that give us hope. Remember the earth being flat?  The earth being the center of the heavens?  The heart being the locus of the "soul"?  Time and space being absolute and unrelated?  We know the brain is a network of tiny nodes.  There is nothing else in there but neurons and the dendrites that connect them (a average of ten thousand connections per neuron).  We share an absurdly high correlation of genes with the simpler animals who's brains we have matched.    I am not interested in mimicking the human brain.  What I do know is that when I sit down to architect semantic processing schemes, they all end up sharing that hyper-dimensional networked structure no matter what I do.  Also, we know at least one semantic processor (the brains of existing creatures, including of course, us).  If nothing else, our own brains present a valid use case and proof of concept.

But the mind/brain split, I will leave that to people who want specialness more than they want truth.

I wonder where we will say the soul abides once we can replace a person's brain?

My interests are driven by the exact same process that brought us here, we are the first creature with the capacity do know THE job description.  That would give us tremendous advantage (though it is obvious that one can work this job without it).

randall