Syllabic division of words

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:48:00 EDT 2009

Randall Reetz wrote:
> Brains are networks.  Traditional math and programming is linear or branching linear.  Somewhere in there is the gap we find computing facing today.  No good clear model for n-dimensional decentralized swarm processing.

I wonder why you are so obsessed with the "mind/brain is ONLY a very
sophisticated computer, and, with a little bit more work
we will understand everything about it in a purely materialistic way" ?

"Brains are networks."

possibly . . . (nothing like a dogmatic statement from Randall Reetz to
brighten up my Sunday)

But nobody has successfully managed to get the mind-brain identity
hypothesis to stick.

"decentralized swarm processing"

Wow! I didn't know I was a 'decentralized swarm' working in 'n-dimensions'.

We have a word for that sort of blether in Scotland . . .