[ANN] Snow Leopard sooner than expected?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Aug 13 12:29:35 EDT 2009

Jerry-

Thursday, August 13, 2009, 8:42:36 AM, you wrote:

> Pretty good rumor circulating stating that Mac's newest, shiniest OS
> Snow Leopard may be available soon.

> Here's a post we did on it:

>     http://reveditor.com/snow-leopard-sooner-then-expected

Cool. I followed the link at the bottom and placed my order. Had to
laugh at Amazon's automatic "similar items" algorithm: top of the list
is Windows 7 for $119. I'm not sure what the logic is here: since I'm
ordering an OS, maybe I'd be swayed by a different one?

And there's an interesting lesson about web site design to be learned
here as well. Among all the extraneous items Amazon cluttered up the
page with (similar items, items I've viewed recently, items
recommended by my past purchase history, the come-on for Amazon Prime,
several similar-looking buttons for the shopping cart, etc.) it took
me a *long* time to find the Checkout button. Yes, even though it was
right there in front of me *somewhere* on the web page and even though
I've been through the process before. You'd think they'd make it the
object that would attract your attention the most rather than risking
the loss of a sale.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net