Mac to Windows Standalone Question

Joe F. joef1 at mac.com
Tue Aug 11 11:29:54 EDT 2009

The other day I spent a considerable amount of time troubleshooting a
popup menu that worked fine everywhere except for the Windows
standalone version. Fortunately someone discovered the answer 7 years
ago and posted to the list, otherwise I'd have never figured out that
the "not-equal" character is a Windows no-no.

So, my question is: are these idiosyncrasies listed anywhere? Is there
a respiratory of "gotchas" around?
I'm disappointed that Rev doesn't convert these automatically? What's
the next surprise that's going to eat up my precious hours?

Joe F.