Chunks vs Arrays - surprising benchmarking results

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Aug 5 15:28:25 EDT 2009

On Aug 5, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Any thoughts on how I might optimize the array functions?  Did I
> just overlook something obvious which would make them run faster?

Richard,

The main slowdown in your test for GetFromMainArray seems to be in
transferring the data from the custom property to tDataA. This is
consistent with my findings when implementing persistent data storage
in the data grid.

I changed the code a bit so that the field contents and uData custom
prop array were put into script locals outside of the timers. Here is
what I got:

GetFromList: 30
GetFromSubArray: 244
GetFromMainArray: 27
All results the same?: true

So if your data is already in a script local then arrays seem to be
faster.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore