File names with spaces difficulty

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 04:01:15 EDT 2009

I know this has been answered before but I cannot find it in the
archives.

(on a Mac OSX 10.5 system)
I am receiving files via FTP that have several spaces and cannot
remember how to do:

	put "/Users/username/Documents/feed/" into pathh
	set the defaultfolder to pathh
	get the detailed files

	put item 1 of line 1 of it into FN
	put url ("file:" & pathh & FN) into dataBlock  --  < does not work

The file name on the hard drive is    "ALL BOOKS AND ARTICLES VOL 1.xml"
The variable FN is    "ALL+BOOKS+AND+ARTICLES+VOL+1.xml"
Replacing the   +  chars   in FN  does not work either.

Perhaps the answer is to use a shell() command?

Thanks for any advice.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas