How to store a stack in a custom property

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 04:03:26 EDT 2009

Jim, I don't know in what circumstances Eric was testing.  However,
I'm someone who's traditionally relied on customproperties instead of
globals.  But when profiling applications I found that
storing/accessing large amounts of data that way _was_ slower than
using globals.

I would still always opt for a customproperty initially (just because
it means that the data can be associated with some object or some set
of objects, and there is some form of data-hiding).  However, if when
profiling I needed a speed increase I'd then be prepared to move the
data into globals where necessary.

Maybe when it comes to small amounts of data (or even large amounts of
data in simple data structures) customproperties are faster.

Bernard