convert to scientific notation

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Mon Apr 20 19:53:05 EDT 2009

I can't remember how to use power function "^" to find the nth root
of a number.  To find the 2ndth root of a number we can use the "sqrt
()" function.  But to find the nth root????

For instance, lets say I want to convert a number to scientific
notation (the 10th root of that number)... I used to know how to use
the power function to do this.  Anyone remember how to do it?

I tried to get the 10th root (scientific notation) of 100  (which
should = 2) by:     100^(1/10) ... but that isn't it.

Any ideas?  I feel brain dead.

Randall