2 things

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Apr 20 17:47:18 EDT 2009

old equipment does not mean old software... you can run Linux or Solaris or
Any BSD in old software and it will run the latest firefox which will give
you GMail which is the best thing for mailing list on the cheap.
I have lots of old machines here, my motto is "buy, keep it working, never
sell", so I got everything, from old newton message pads to the latest core
2 duo here. Everything has a TCP/IP implementation with some kind of browser
so, as long as there's a web app available, no matter OS or CPU, I'll be
able to use the machine.

Unless richmond is using some really awkward setup, he could be using better
software.

Heck, Damn Small Linux or xPud will run anywhere and give you a modern OS,
lightweight and working.

andre