Can Rev turn text to speech and record it?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Fri Apr 10 11:45:26 EDT 2009

Kay,
well I looked the say part up in the mac scripter forum
http://macscripter.net/viewtopic.php?pid=68963
There is a wealth of information and code on that forum.
´say´ is part of the scripting additions.
And yes, Applescript is at times 'underdocumented', as is the Quicktime
player Pro, I do a lot of basic stuff in the Quicktime Player, but it is up
to the user to find out how.

Once Richard gets this going he can choose a voice he likes with the say
command and let that voice speak the text. Since 10.5 there is a high
quality voice 'Alex' which sounds pretty naturally, I think it is the
default voice for 10.5
regards
Bernd