do script from applescript

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 15:56:36 EDT 2008

Well, after quite a few attempts and tweaks I can now send AS do
script to the IDE and I can also send it to a Standalone.

One point:
I have to send to the stack name if the command is located on the
stack and/or to the card if the command is located on the card. This
seems very odd to me. It's like the message path is not being followed
on it's own.

So these do not work:
do script "HandlerName" does not work for me
or:
do script "send \"HandlerName\""

But this doeswork:
do script "send \"HandlerName\" to stack \"TestStack\""
or if on the card then:
do script "send \"HandlerName\" to card \"TestCard\" of stack
\"TestStack\""
-------------------

Now I can control my iPhone Prototype Standalone from the actual iPhone.

My prototype is an iPhone UI and I emulate the iPhone in Rev and so
now I can control that from an image of the UI on the iPhone itself.
Almost like having the actual stack running, a little bit any way.
Certainly during a demo of the UI anyway.

I am using iRed 2 (and without the need for the iTrans driver, atleast
for Rev contro)

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I can "Fully"
control my TV, Robosapien Robot, Cable Box, EyeTv on my computer,
iTunes, Safari, Powerpoint, Keynote, and Revolution all from my
iPhone. And I can do this via WiFi and not Bluetooth or IR or Radio.
Way Cool.

Thanks all,

Tom McGrath