AppleScripting RunRev

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 13:35:52 EDT 2008

On 22 Sep 2008, at 14:28, Dave wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've written a Mac only Stack to make building Standalones Easier. I
> have the need to build many different applications using the same
> core stack files but with different UI elements. This works well,
> except when I come to Script Revolution. I can bring up the "Save as
> Standalone...: Choose Folder dialog and I can click "OK" (via System
> Events), however I'd like to be able to pre-select the folder in the
> Choose Folder dialog.

A little-known trick for this kind of thing that works in most OS X
apps (and I just tested with Rev 3):

Once you have a choose folder dialog box open, hit Option-/ or Alt-/
which will bring up a 'Go to folder' sheet where you can enter the
destination folder. Now you can paste in the folder path.
You can do similar things to open files in applications without an
AppleScript dictionary.

Ian