OS9 standalone builds

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 18 18:26:34 EDT 2008

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > On 18 sep 2008, at 23:45, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> As I noted in my last post on this, the file format changed with
 >> v2.7, so any stacks used with the v2.6.1 engine must first be saved
 >> in the older format.
 >>
 >> The engine has a built-in property to govern this: the
 >> stackFileVersion.  Just set that to "2.4" (the version of the file
 >> format used through v2.6.x) and you should be fine.  I hope.  Let me
 >> know if not.
 >>
 >> That said, as long as Rev ships with the v2.6.1 engine it should
 >> continue to provide a preference for setting the file format.  I
 >> would consider that omission to be a bug.
 >
 > That doesn't help. It won't work. Rev 2.6.1 is the latest version that
 > creates working standalones for Mac OS 9. The standalones created by
 > Rev 3.0 will not run. There is no need to try, although someone might
 > find out what's wrong with them and come up with a fix.

Interesting. I wonder if it works in MetaCard?  If so at least that
would isolate the problem to the standalone builder and not the engine.

As long as Rev ships with a Classic engine, I agree that it would be a
bug if it can't use it to build standalones.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal