Arrays: new and old keys, ii

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 16:32:28 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
>From: Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com>

>So what would it be? A "combine" command which sorts the keys? Or
>returns things in the order they were added? Or?

Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) or First-In-First-Out (FIFO)

I would like to see that. I could us that. I could pull-parse XML and re-structure it into a FIFO formatted XML styled external storage devices using encryption, compression, and base64 encoding inside the well-formed elements of that XML. You could store anything this way.

I'm saying that I could use this kind of storage on itself. I can just hear the "why would you want to do thats."

I'm not for the arrays to take a speed hit for it though.

What about something besides level one only for (the keys of) "myArray[3][4]"

All you get now are the keys for "myArray[3]"